Arts & Humanities Bainbridge seeks original artwork for Bainbridge in Bloom. The artist’s work will serve as the official image of the 29th annual Bainbridge in Bloom Garden Tour in June 2017. This is AHB’s signature annual event, reaching a national audience through print and online promotion.
While the artwork will be used to promote the Garden Tour, submissions need not be limited to literal representations. We are looking for artwork inspired by outdoor spaces – gardens, flowers, plants, landscapes and seascapes. Photographs, figurative work, along with creativity in color and abstraction are welcome.
The artist will retain ownership of the original artwork, but Arts & Humanities Bainbridge retains the right to use portions or the entirety of the artwork image for all current and future marketing purposes.
RECOGNITION AND BENEFITS
The chosen artist will receive the following recognition and benefits:
• A $500 cash prize, and four complimentary tickets to the two-day general admission Garden Tour (estimated value $140).
• A press release announcing the selection of the artist and the work.
• Attribution for the artist on the Arts & Humanities Bainbridge website; Bloom posters, flyers, event invitations, press releases, and other marketing materials.
• A live link to the artist’s website and in any other promotional materials distributed in electronic format.
Artists may submit digital images for up to 10 pieces of artwork electronically or on disc that is mailed or delivered to us. Artwork must be in JPEG format and include name, title, medium, and dimensions.
In addition to the digital images, include in Word or PDF format:
• A short cover letter with your contact information
• A brief bio or resume
• An inventory list with your name, work titles, medium, dimensions
Deliver or mail submissions on CD or portable drive to:
Arts Humanities Bainbridge
Attn: Bainbridge in Bloom 2017 Artwork
221 Winslow Way W, Suite 201, Bainbridge Island, WA 98110
You may also submit electronically (please do not email image files). Email email@example.com or call 206.842.7901 for information, online Dropbox location and instructions.
Submission deadline: 5 pm, December 30, 2016
Early submission is encouraged – thank you!
We are Arts & Humanities Bainbridge
WHO WE ARE
As the nexus of all things cultural on Bainbridge Island, Arts & Humanities Bainbridge supports aspiring and professional artists, students, educators and cultural organizations, including more than 20 local nonprofit groups.
WHY WE’RE HERE
Art transforms lives. AHB believes exploration through the arts and humanities creates knowledge, understanding and compassion in our world. Nurturing our local artists reveals and elevates creative potential. We provide opportunities for artists to prosper, our youth to learn through art, and the community to engage in collaborative events. The arts and humanities enhance our quality of life and create a vibrant, attractive place to live, work and visit.
WHAT WE DO
AHB is the hub that helps the arts prosper and the humanities expand horizons for everyone. In our island community, the arts and humanities are integrated into all our activities, architecture, commerce, education and livelihood. At AHB we:
- Promote and steward art in our shared public spaces
- Place teaching artists in our local public school classrooms
- Showcase the art of gardening through Bainbridge In Bloom
- Host the popular Celluloid Bainbridge Film Festival
- Publish and arts magazine and online Cultural Calendar
- Present annual awards to rising young artists and longtime island contributors
The arts and humanities cultivate a high quality of life, provide significant economic impact, and create a vibrant, attractive place to live, work and visit.