CELLULOID BAINBRIDGE FILM FESTIVAL 2016
The Celluloid Bainbridge Film Festival is now open for submissions and accepts them exclusively through FilmFreeway. To submit your film, please review the Terms & Conditions, then click the red “Submit” button below.
Submission Terms & Guidelines
Please read these rules & regulations for submission very carefully PRIOR to submitting your series for consideration. By submitting your series to the Celluloid Bainbridge Film Festival, you acknowledge that you have read and understand these conditions.
– You must be 18 years of age or older to submit to Celluloid. If you are under 18 & would like to submit a student film, include the name of your parent or guardian in our submission form.
– Submitted films must have either been filmed in Washington State, Oregon, Idaho, Alaska, or British Columbia or the filmmaker must currently or previously resided in one of those locations. Films submitted from outside these criteria will not be refunded their submission fees.
– Celluloid Bainbridge features its local filmmakers in various promotional ways. However, being from Bainbridge Island or making a film here does not guarantee placement in the festival.
– Entry fees are non-refundable and do not guarantee placement in the festival schedule.
– You may submit multiple entries but each film requires a separate form & entry fee.
– Hard copies will not be accepted. FilmFreeway has it’s own file submission process making it very easy to send us your screening copy.
– You may submit your film in a “Rough Cut” stage but it must be finished at least one month prior to the festival in order to be included.
– Non-English submissions must contain English subtitles.
– The submitter must own the rights to all intellectual property within your film. This includes music & photography or any stock footage.
– No pornography. Explicit sexual acts performed on camera may result in disqualification without submission fee refund.
– You are free to submit to any other festivals and are eligible for Celluloid Bainbridge regardless of previous screenings. We have no premiere status limitations.
– By submitting your series, you allow Celluloid Bainbridge to publicly post or share elements of your film in festival promotional material such as advertisements, highlights, or trailers.
– Films that have previously screened at Celluloid Bainbridge may submit again if the film has not played in over 5 years.
– Celluloid Bainbridge reserves the right to change these guidelines at any time.
– Failure to meet these requirements may result in disqualification which does not entitle you to a refund of your entry fee.
– Only festival selections are eligible for awards.
– Festival selections & awards decisions are final.
“Earlybird” Submission Period: June 1st – June 30th
Regular Submission Period: July 1st – August 31st
“Last Chance” Submission Period: September 1st – September 30th
Submission fees will increase with each period so get in early.
Selection Announcement: Wednesday, October 5th.
Selections will be notified via email & FilmFreeway’s announcement service.
Premiere Party & Featured Screening: November 5th
Filmmakers & a guest are invited to join us for wine & snacks prior to this year’s featured screening of a Bainbridge Island short & feature-length film. Tickets will be available for those wishing to attend only the screening.
The Festival: November 6th / 10am – 8pm
Join us for a full day of incredible local & regional films at the Historic Lynwood Theater.
Matt Longmire, festival director